Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Runs good, runs bad, tach flops around...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: nope, problem came back again...but this time it stayed. Car stalled and no fire, couldn't start it for good...15 mile walk home and a lot of cursing, sweating, pushing, and getting honked at while car was stranded on highway....problem was due to coil, which I found later in the eve. Replaced coil and no longer have the tach cut out issue. The coil was on it's way out a long time ago, too bad I didn't know, and that's why the problems occurred spontaneously.

[ This Message was edited by: larso on 2002-08-27 19:31 ]
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the crappy coil syndrom. I had that years ago with my '74 Dodge van. Real sad performance when they go - I think I'll pick one up for the Porsche and have it ready to put in on the side of the road someday... The only walking I like to do is a block or two to the local watering hole.
924martinirossi  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my post. Green wire from pin 1 on the Transistor Control Unit goes to pin 1 coil, then to pin 1 of fuel pump relay, then to Tach and also to pin 6(12) of the Control Unit Accel. Enrichment module. I checked each wire today and this part is OK.

What I need is all the wire colors for the 12 and 8 pin round connectors on the Control Unit Accel. Enrichmnet module(located near the steering column)

It would help me out greatly if I got this info tonight.

Thanks.

Michael
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this in the factory workshop manual - "Current Flow Diagram Type 924 turbo USA, Model 81": Pin 1( of "Control Unit Acceleration Enrichment" is br, 2( is re/br, 3( is br, 4( is wt, 5( is br/ye, 6( is wt/bk, 7( is br/wt, 8( is re/ye. Pin 1(12) is wt/bl, 5(12) is br, 6(12) is gn/wt, 7(12) is wt/bk, 9(12) is br/ye, 10(12) is wt, 11(12) is br, 12(12) is bl/re.
shanboxer  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you have a factory alarm, get rid of it. I had a problem that the tech would occassionally jump all over the place. The wires on the alarm must of been shorting the car out. Since i disconnected the alarm, no problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: