Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

How can i tell?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Underhill  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to make my first post on this board a question. But im stumped and need expericed help. Ok here it is, today i went out to local used car dealers, and a used car auto fair. At the auto fair i came across a 1988 924s, this was just what i was looking for (other than the color). The outside and the inside look great and the car seems to be in good shape. The millage on the odometer reads "88323" could this millage really be "188323"? i noticed that there is no spot for a digit to the left of the 8 so im thinking it may have just rolled over? Is there anyway that i can check this? And is there anything i should look for on the car before i make any serious descions? any input would be great. thanks in advance.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a word - service records (OK that' 2 words).

If the car has been looked after there should be a big envelope of reciepts showing all the work the proud owner had done.

If there are no service records be suspicious of anything you are told.
gohim  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 30K or every three year Front of Engine Service includes the replacement of the timing and balance shaft belts, belt rollers, and pulleys, waterpump, and front oil seals.

This service is critical to the health of the engine, and unless the car comes with receipts that prove when this service was performed last, you should plan on having this done immediately. The cost would be between $1500-$2000, depedning on where you have the work done, and where you buy the parts from.

There is a service named Carfax, that you can contact on the Internet that will provide some history on your car, for a per VIN Fee, or Monthly Fee. The information is gather from sources like State DMVs, Insurance Companies, Law Enforcement, and the auto manufacturers themselves in the case of a Recall.

[ This Message was edited by: gohim on 2002-09-23 20:25 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: