Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

T-time - 924board swag ordering info
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khal  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

924RACR wrote:
Dutifully stickied and revised the post name so it's a little clearer what's going on...

Cheers, mate.

Just got confirmation that the order has been shipped.

Can't wait to get it!
Khal  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went and picked up the t-shirt...

On the up side, delivery was quick, the quality of the t-shirt looks good (looks like it'll last) and they sent me a second free t-shirt -even if it is just a wearable advertisement for the company.

Unfortunately, on the down side, the screen printing doesn't show as well as I thought it might against the dark colour fabric. Maybe it's just the type of dye/paint they use? Can't comment on how well it'll last.

But the kicker is, the print isn't straight! Very disappointing. I'm afraid it's going back. At that price you'd expect it to at least be printed right. It's not.

Willing to entertain the idea that I was just unlucky. It is a shame, though. I was looking forward to having that t-shirt...

Harm  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: T-time - 924board swag ordering info Reply with quote

Khal wrote:
Just went and picked up the t-shirt...

On the up side, delivery was quick, the…sent me a second free t-shirt -even if it is just a wearable advertisement for the company.

? No need for that: its probably just an excuse to make up for what comes next…
Khal wrote:
Unfortunately, on the down side, the screen printing doesn't show as well as I thought it might against the dark colour fabric.

In printing colour fabrication red is know as the darkest colour, and screen printing is the best way to deal with that. If it is bad, I'll take it some where else; no strings attached (to zazzle, I mean).
Khal wrote:
But the kicker is, the print isn't straight! Very disappointing. I'm afraid it's going back. At that price you'd expect it to at least be printed right. It's not.

Yep; I'll complain also through my way in to them Redwood fooks.
Khal wrote:
Willing to entertain the idea that I was just unlucky. It is a shame, though. I was looking forward to having that t-shirt...

Thanks for sharing Khal. Disappointment is not an option; If they don't redo it right (can't get their shit together and print a decent t-shirt) I suggest a different option( …not sure wich one to take but #one is leave Zazle!).
Lets hope they will do better and please let me know if there are any extra costs involved.
Regards, Harm.
ideola  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not done t-shirts with Zazzle, but I've done a bunch of other print-on-demand stuff with them, and was very pleased with the results. Maybe you were just unlucky? I'll be interested to see where this goes...
Khal  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, here's a pic of the tee;

OK, it's not the best picture in the world, but you can clearly see the patchy printing and misalignment of the print.

I started the return process today (yes, I've been slack, thanks for the reminder Harm ). You have to request a "Return Merchandise Authorisation" form first. I've done that today. Then you just wait until it comes, I s'pose. Fill it in and send it back..? We'll see...
ideola  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty crooked. I'd send it back too. Hopefully it's just a one time glitch, as I said, I was pleased with some other stuff I ordered from them...but it was all printed on paper, not on a shirt.
Khal  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those darker patches you can see in the printed logo are not shadows, that's actually the patchy print!

Sure doesn't look much like their promo shot...
Khal  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't fault their customer service for now. Only hours after sending my RMA form request, I have received the following from their "support team";

"This notice is to inform you that your your images have been received and your return has been processed. Because you have provided the images substantiating your claim, there is no need for you to return your defective product.

I have authorized a refund to the account used to make the purchase, and it should appear on your statement within the next 7-10 business days (depending on the processing speed of your card issuing bank)."

Can't really ask for more than that.

It's such a shame. I'd really like to order another tee and cross my fingers that it was a one-off but I'm suffering from a case of "once bitten, twice shy" at the moment.

Khal  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and this morning I had confirmation that my refund had come through (paid with PayPal originally, so that's where the refund went through). And they refunded shipping, as well as the t-shirt! The entire invoice! I wasn't expecting that.

So, the t-shirt (or, at least, the printing on the t-shirt) was crap but their customer service seems to be excellent.

I guess that wraps it up.
!tom  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you've gotten an entirely free toofah rag now.

'Ya gonna try again, seeing as you're out absolutely nothing so far (other than time)? Presumably the next one would go as smooth if it were the same quality, so there's not much to loose.
Khal  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!tom wrote:

Yeah, guess so.

!tom wrote:
'Ya gonna try again..?

Am I the only person that's ordered one? Specifically, a t-shirt, I mean. I realise others have ordered other gear.

I gotta be honest, as stated above, I'm not hugely keen on the idea of ordering from them again...
Harm  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: T-time - 924board swag ordering info Reply with quote

Khal wrote:
!tom wrote:

Yeah, guess so.
!tom wrote:
'Ya gonna try again..?

Am I the only person that's ordered one? Specifically, a t-shirt, I mean. I realise others have ordered other gear.

Apart from D Hook that bought himself a toofah mug, you Khal have got a one in the world only toofah rag…
I would wear it always, espacialy at night, 'cause that collectors item might get nicked
Khal wrote:
I gotta be honest, as stated above, I'm not hugely keen on the idea of ordering from them again...

Khal PM me your specs. and I will do it for you… Lilac was it?
Regards, harm.
Khal  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: T-time - 924board swag ordering info Reply with quote

Harm wrote:
Khal PM me your specs. and I will do it for you… Lilac was it?

Oh, ha ha ha...
Harm  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: T-time - 924board swag ordering info Reply with quote

Pardon I couldn't get that pictured shirt turn back to red within Photoshop.
Khal  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: T-time - 924board swag ordering info Reply with quote

Harm wrote:
...couldn't get that pictured shirt turn back to red within Photoshop.

No worries. Yeah, it's not red. As I said in an earlier post, there don't seem to be any red shirts available. That one is the closest I could get, and it is maroon (like, dark red). As I also said, yes, it is a terrible picture. I took it with my dodgy little phone cam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: