Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

ANYONE DOING ANYTHING EXCITING ON THEIR CAR ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorpio  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: ANYONE DOING ANYTHING EXCITING ON THEIR CAR ? Reply with quote

The boards really gone quiet recently...nothing new and exciting shown...no cool pics.....come on boys (and thatnew 9xx chick)!

Oh and im allowed capitals in my title coz my engine is nearly finished....my dash looks sweeeet.....ive almost finished my custom GT rear flares ...
BILSTEIN SHOCKS
GT BASED CUSTOM BODYKIT

Brisbane , Australia
Think mean think fast
all youll see is
my Porsches Arse!!!
ideola  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arggghhh. I'm in a holding pattern waiting to get the 941 repainted. Just took the hood, doors, and sunroof off over the weekend. All the removable parts are at the painter's getting prepped. Hope to get the car over there next weekend. I was really hoping to have it all done by now so I could drive it again this year before the crappy weather starts, but doesn't look too promising right now. Probably won't be done now until sometime in November. So that's holding everything else up at the moment.

I got my power steering pump bracket mocked up for the 941, and hope to have it welded up and ready for mounting this week, so I can take some pix of that later on. Then it will be a matter of getting a couple of new lines made up, trading in my current p/s rack for a rebuilt, and hooking it all up.

Next step on the UWB is to start trimming the rear fiberglass arches and getting those ready for fitment. Finally got the dry sump pump in from Pace, so as soon as the 941 is painted, I can free up funds for the final round of fabrication on the UWB chassis. Need to make brackets for the front clip, rear-mount alt, and the dry sump tank.
ZODIAC  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting ready to cover it for the winter. will be modding the hoodscoop hopefully this weekend or during the week, work schedule permitting.

I will be removing the front bumper so i can cut and add driving lights during the winter. also the intake manifold will be coming off for the winter so i can modify it a little to prevent vacum leaks that are stopping me from getting it running properly.

last weekend i relocated the swith for my fuel pump and removed about 10 feet of wire that wasnt connected to anything.
RC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRIVING IT..........Quickly!
Octane  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 924 is sitting in my driveway right now, as it has been for a few weeks now. I have been starting it every few days and going for a fairly long drive at least once a week. Unfortunately as anyone in Ontario will tell you, the weather has been absolutely horrible the past month or so with constant rain and cold/windy temperatures. So I have been wasting a ton of money driving my '95 F-150 w/351 V8 around instead because my car doesn't like the cold (damn CIS...)

Luckily, things will be looking up soon. We are moving to a new house on November 1st and I will finally have my own 3-bay heated shop. So as soon as I get set up in there the engine is coming out for a full rebuild + upgrades (euro pistons, solex carbs, cam, header, hopefully a big valve head etc.). Once the engine is out I am stripping out the interior and moving it over to the third bay, which will be set up as a temporary paint booth to fully re-do the interior, engine bay, and body in a fresh spray of Guard's red. I have done a fair bit of body work before, just never with very good equipment. Well I just invested in 3 high-end DeVilbiss spray guns and an 80-gallon compressor + sandblaster so I'm ready to do my first complete re-paint. Luckily the body is mint so it should be pretty easy to do.

Any other suggestions for paint/colour scheme would be appreciated. I love guard's red but I would be open do doing something different. The orange colour they have on the new GT3's might be cool, or a midnight blue kind of colour maybe... hmmm
9XX Girl!  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about some Christmas decs... hmm not sure though! didn't want to go too over the top. maybe just lights

Also, want to get around to changing my front bumper (944 turbo type). its cracked in a few places. I have a replacement but its the wrong colour. I have sanded and primed it but need to pull my finger out and get on with the black paint, fitting lights and putting it on the car

not a grate photo but my spare room is a spray booth at the moment

ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Octane wrote:
Any other suggestions for paint/colour scheme would be appreciated. I love guard's red but I would be open do doing something different. The orange colour they have on the new GT3's might be cool, or a midnight blue kind of colour maybe... hmmm

What color is the car right now? What color is the interior?

Related reading:
Whats the best color for 924?
WHY ARE ALL 931's GUARD'S RED! (done ranting)

Personally, red would be about the last color I would pick for a color change.
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threesome qualify?
88 924S SE
87 911 Targa stock
Dankoneon81  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell im just trying to get the damn thing in running order
Martijnus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be building a new turbo engine (from a NA short block).

Will be a long project, but most of it involves planning.
Goal will be max 200 hp, LPG etc, for daily use.

NA block, 931 S2/CGT pistons (new), probably sleeves and stock bore, 931 head (rebuilt, prepped for lpg), itb's (38mm), front mount ic...etc...
maybe balance crank, flywheel etc...

if someone has some money which is unused, let me know
pistons alone will cost me a kidney but it's probably worth it.

just need to find undersized bearings for main bearings and conrods.

924 "50-jahre", 1981.
MSII/extra, LPG, ITB's, 5lug.
To be turbo'ed in a while.
Killed her at the Nurburgring, Porscheless at the moment
Octane  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
Octane wrote:

What color is the car right now? What color is the interior?

Related reading:
Whats the best color for 924?
WHY ARE ALL 931's GUARD'S RED! (done ranting)

Personally, red would be about the last color I would pick for a color change.

It's guards red currently. The interior is all-black but is getting most of it removed for track car trim. That means Sparco racing buckets, rear seat removed, carpet removed but will probably keep door panels etc. for now.

Most people avoid full color changes due to interior, door jam, engine bay etc. being hard to paint but it is getting a full strip-down and re-spray, so I have a fresh canvas to work with. What would you suggest then? I don't really care too much about being period or Porsche correct, and I also don't want your usual black, white, or silver.

Here is one I found in orange. I would also be filling the reflectors, etc... and it has a 944 wing.

I'd do it in Porsche Signal Orange...

It's kind of flashy but it's a track car, and I'm seventeen so I'm allowed

Last edited by Octane on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Dankoneon81  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to stand out ALOT take a look at 1971 AMC big bad green. I had my neon painted that color about 5 years ago. Its a very unusual color
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright colors work nicely on track cars. So do multi-color schemes. Now, if you wanted to do something slick, you could keep most of the car Guards red, and paint the upper white, like CrashTest's car, or the reverse setup on this original 931 scheme:

I also like some of the historic D-Prod color schemes...like the Midnight Blue and Gold:

The orange & white scheme looks good too:

As does Frank Celenza's yellow & blue:

My '81 NA is a dark midnight blue, a Ford color (resprayed by P.O.). Looks pretty good, even though it's not a genuine Porsche color.

I always liked Jazzerpet's blue & silver two tone with the three racing stripes as well (isarus2 now owns this car).

I also like some of the dark metallic charcoals that are out there, maybe just a touch darker than the Porsche Dolomite Grey.

Something a little less common would be some of the brighter blues and greens, like Joe West's racer (blue) or the green car from the 924board POTD rotation:

And then there's always classic orange, like Steve Bassington's original scheme:

Or you could keep some of the red and go with Scorpio's favorite:

Octane  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking maybe Porsche Signal Orange (or Chevy Hugger Orange? Looks similar and is a lot cheaper/more available) with some satin black offsets. Maybe two-tone with satin black or an offset stripe or something. Wheels will be satin black, likely some basic 5-spoke Rota racing wheels or something.
ZODIAC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hugger orange is a decent color. any orange is too flashy for me to drive, but it does look nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
Page 1 of 151

Jump to: