Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

944S2 into a 924s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay_Crims0n  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: 944S2 into a 924s Reply with quote

Ok so My roomate has a Porsche 924s (1987) and he blew the motor cause he was to lazy to change the Thermostat.

I told we could build him a Wicked Turbo Motor for his car but it wanted to take things into his own hands (he has never done anything Performance to a car nor understands the basics)

So he went out and bought a 944S2 engine (3500.00$ later). I said cool lets put it in. but first we need to take it somewhere and make sure its all solid and running good.. About a week later he Says yeah the Engine is good. So we begin the Teardown of his..

The first to come off was the Bonnet. Then out with the Radiator. then disconnecting the hoses and Wires. I was looking up how to take the motor out of these and they said threw the bottom and everyone Said its not possible to take out the top...

So I am stubbern and say its coming out the top...with alittle Forcing and such we got the old one out the top. then started putting the new one in...
acouple of problems with this swap..you need to rebend some brake lines and getting the Spindal back in the housing is a SOB. the air box needed to be reworked also but everything else went together fine but 1 Vac Line that I guess we did not need . Anywho after hours of working on this thing we get it together and low and behold.....NO CRANKING...THE ENGINE WAS FROZE UP...so I was pissed cause I told hime to take it and have it looked at. so he takes it to a Porsche guy to add some stuff for him (hood pins wires plugs, and I guess some other odds and ends) Nothing to help the car get running agian...

He call up the guy in GA who sold him the Engine (Porsche Dismantler)
they said send them the engine and they will replace it...My roomate is stuborn and sent them the WHO car. They have had it for almost a year and no progess on fixing it. I keep beggin my roomate for their number so I can bug the crap out of them to get it back...

anywho...I have Pictures of the take out and install I have to get them off my old computer and post'em up...

has anyone done this b4? I don't think the power increase was worht all the hassle when there are many ways to turbo these things...

more infor as I get it...

ps
Anyone know of that shop in GA? I would like there number and want to know why a Pro Porsche guy takes Months and it only took me a day...

Jay

Me
2 1991 Impules RS
1 1990 Impulse XS
2004 WRX
Caddy STS
Dodge Stealth
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me you're not dealing with Auto Atlanta in GA?
Jay_Crims0n  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrenan wrote:
Please tell me you're not dealing with Auto Atlanta in GA?

German Auto Dismantlers. is the name..

Me
2 1991 Impules RS
1 1990 Impulse XS
2004 WRX
Caddy STS
Dodge Stealth
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good, I can't remember hearing anything bad about them.
gohim  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody hear what happened to this car?
Jay_Crims0n  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gohim wrote:
Anybody hear what happened to this car?

Yes sir. this car is still being worked on. We found out from the people that my Buddy took it too was the engine was not Messed up..but that the bellhousing was not the right size. He had them put a new water pump and timing belt on it. The car should be here in the next couple of weeks.

I will Take pictures and post them up when it comes back this way..

Me
2 1991 Impules RS
1 1990 Impulse XS
2004 WRX
Caddy STS
Dodge Stealth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: