Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

More newbie questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apex Killer  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have two more new owner questions.

The first is that the water temp. gauge reads just about 3/4 before the fan kicks. After it's on the gauge reads about 1/2. Where the gauge does not have temp. readings I am not sure how hot this is, but is it normal? I tested the sending unit and it's good but it just makes me a bit nervous seeing the gauge that high.

Second question. I saw the other thread about the oil pressure sending unit most likely causing the gauge to peg 5 bar. Mine does the same at start up and after a few minutes it drops to 3 bar at idle 5 when I am on the throttle. Again being new to the car I am wondering if this is normal readings or should I pick up a new sender and slap it in?
Mich924S  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the temp gauge, mine does the same thing. Gets to 3/4 then the fans kick in and it usually goes down to just under the first mark. That's with the AC off, in stop/go traffic. On the open road, it stays at 1/2. I believe this is normal so don't worry. I've found that running with the AC on, which I've had to do anyway due to 90 degree weather daily lately, the temp gauge never gets above 1/2 even in stopped traffic. The fans stay on with the AC on(at least one does). Normal from all I've read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: