Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

MY CAR DIED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honda Killer  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was driving around this moring and went to friends house in a trailer park. this place has huge speed bumps so i was going like 2 miles an hour any way the thing just died like it ran out of gas. it fired back up and ran all the way back to my office like nothing ever happened. at this point im thinking fuel filter or maybe it just doesnt like trailer parks. anyone ever had this happen. there were no noises and didnt kill it just kinda of a mystery.

[ This Message was edited by: Honda Killer on 2002-07-26 02:34 ]
jcope  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not Mr. Mechanic. But my car behaved the same way once. I was leaving my work parking lot, and the engine died. It wasn't a sputter either. It DIED. I got it to start back up, but it wouldn't stay running for very long. Driving it would guarantee it would die.

I found out the ECU was no good. You might try tapping on the ECU with a hammer while the engine is running. You can tap sort of hard, because the metal case is pretty tough. Of course, the idea is to tap hard enough to find existing damage, not create more. A rubber mallet would be perfect. If you can get the motor to die, then you have the same problem I had.
Honda Killer  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly the most scientifc method but worth a try
jcope  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't me that figured that out. It was my mechanic. He's good. He was completely stumped by the problem until he tried that. It's sort of brute force science. If nothing else works, start banging on things.
Honda Killer  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the kinda of work i do the best. I was just thinking i have a bosch ECU from the old 2.5 8V motor i had in my 190E Benz I wonder if it will work on the 924S does any one know if it will work. there not the same injection system but they are close.

P.S. I know its a shot in the dark

[ This Message was edited by: Honda Killer on 2002-07-26 05:27 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: