Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

WTB List: Ebrake Cables, Shift knob/boot, Sunroof hinges,etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long has/was your 924/931/944 etc been a project car?
1 month
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3 Months
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
6 Months
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 Year
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
1 Year, 6 Months
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
2 Years
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2+ Years
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
"I like it this way"
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

TINMAN  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: WTB List: Ebrake Cables, Shift knob/boot, Sunroof hinges,etc Reply with quote

My project car, which ive had for over a year now, is nearing completion. Slowly but surely, another 924 is coming back from a very bad state of disrepair, with hundreds of dollars and many sweaty hours invested. I am looking for these parts to finish off this project:

1. Ebrake Cables - comes as a pair of 2 ( of course). Mine are stretched and useless now, so ive had to resort to chok the wheels at certain times.

2. Shift boot/Knob - Id prefer them both as one whole item. Im a little picky about this but a Black colored setup is what i had in mind. Its essential that it fit the original plastic attached at the base of the shifter ( what the boot goes around).

3. Sunroof hinges - just recently these broke off when i was stopped at a stop light and foolishly took the roof off without getting out of my seat. Im looking for the front hinges that are above the drivers and passengers' heads.

4. Armrest Switches - There are 4 small switches just behind the shifter, and i only have 2 of them. The power mirror select, and the Flash to pass. I dont know what the other 2 are but i need them

5. Hood Badge/924 Trim - The most essential trim piece of any Porsche. Or something to that nature. Mine needs replacement, and i also am looking for the rear "924" in either plastic or decal.

All of these items i need, and am willing to work with good credit, bad credit... wait no, wrong one...

I pay via postal money order, which has worked out great with other forum members in the past. If thats a problem, we can work out another way.

Except for the Ebrake cables, id like to get a picture or two of the item being bought to make sure its what im looking for.

Again, thanks to all the forum members for their help, advice, and parts for my 924. Hopefully this car will be in near tip top shape soon..

"...When she asks... and i know she will...make sure you let her know whos Porsche it is in the driveway..."

80' 924 Burgundy
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend buying the hinges new. Used will almost always be cracked, or brittle and ready to crack.
  • Weiße Scheiße (1987 924S) - In Progress
Grenadiers  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for this:

It's off of a 4-speed. Dave
2004 Winnebago Vectra monster RV
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Kia Soul
2001 Ford F350 powerstroke
TINMAN  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry grenadiers, not quite. My 924 is a 5 speed so it wouldnt "fit" if you know what i mean...

This is exactly what im looking for:

A leather boot that fits around the oem plastic base, and a stylish knob.

Unfortunately i havent heard anything from the seller... but thats what im looking for

"...When she asks... and i know she will...make sure you let her know whos Porsche it is in the driveway..."

80' 924 Burgundy
TINMAN  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"bump"

surely someone must have sunroof hinges or a good boot and knob?

80' 924 Burgundy
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBS Racing has your hinges, Rennbay has some nice boot repair kits.
  • Weiße Scheiße (1987 924S) - In Progress
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my car has always been and still is a project car...i drive it when i feel like(mostly on sunny days)...i drive it in long journeys an almost never in the city.

There is always something to do at it...always something to upgrade...so try to keep it driveable and have fun.
TINMAN  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... i looked on EBS racing.com and no offense, but their prices are totally outrageous.

25/35$ for sunroof deflector hinges, which wasn't what i was looking for anyway..

Same thing about pricing with Rennbay. But ive already taken care of that issue.

80' 924 Burgundy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: