Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Convert the US snailback to Euro Spec.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2000 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: Vortxrex@aol.com
Date: 22 Feb 2000
Time: 16:41:33

Waynes recommendations about going with the euro transaxle instead of the U.S. sounds like a great modification. Isn't it possible to convert a U.S transaxle instead of trying to get one from Europe? Are all the gears themselves different? or is it just the ring and pinion thats different? Someone out there knows the secrets of these gearboxes and I hope the will share.
David Frank 937 replica.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2000 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: Ponzv@aol.com
Time: 19:40:27

A friend of mine is selling a euro 931 1979 that was built 150 cars after mine. I almost bought the car before he did but didnot have a place for it. I told him where it was and he bought it. He now wants to sell the car. Snail tail. I don't know the shape of the tranny because he never ran the car. It had a blown engine. Want me to ask?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2000 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email:
Time: 23:21:41

the euro spec box differed from the Us version in that it had a different fifth gear ratio and final drive. The spec's are as such

EURO US
1ST 3.166 3.166
2ND 1.778 1.778
3RD 1.217 1.22
4TH .931 .931
5TH .706 .60

FINAL 4.125:1 4.71:1

As you can see the US box was geared to get the car through the EPA and to get the lowest cruising RPM on the highway. You could modify the hell out of the motor the lower gear aretoo low and the highier gears are too high. i opted for a euro box.
Wayne

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: