Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

ill do it

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: michaeljosbarnes@aol.com
Date: 17 Feb 2000
Time: 18:53:42

If you guys tell me what exactly the 5000 audi turbo is i will atempt to put it in my porche
I need to know What cars it was in how many liters it was how many ci or cc it was/is and what years they made it any other relevant info. would be appreciated but im so desperate ill do anything

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: webmeister@924.org
Date: 17 Feb 2000
Time: 22:53:04

Late 70's into the early 80s. It then evolved into the Audi 100. But would imagine the early 5000T models late 70 would be most likely to fit if any would. It was Audi's upscale 4 door passenger car. I had a 78 or so and it still was the best driving most comfortable car I ever owned. The early turbos used to give problems. I think they were not well integrated and people did not know how to treat them. I used to leave the car running for short stops and just lock it with an extra key. They had to have a cool down period.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2000 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: vscott39@hotmail.com
Date: 18 Feb 2000
Time: 08:31:04

I'd recomment also getting in touch with Dave Jalai on the 924/944 list, as he used to be a VW/Audi service manager, and is rather familiar with the model differences.
Unfortunately, I don't have his current address as he's now in Germany, just his old email address in Virginia...

Just put out a post on rennlist to get his attention...

Vaughan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2000 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: i97lafr@itek.chalmers.se
Date: 18 Feb 2000
Time: 14:50:00

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, basically the same cast iron 5 cylinder engine was used from the 70s until the mid 90s (ended with the "A6" model). Although the engines are not exactly the same, they might still be pretty equal in terms of "924 convertability".

The euro performance figures are roughly as follows:

2,0: 115 hp (late 80s - mid 90s)
2,3: 136 hp (later 133 hp, mid 80s to mid 90s)
2,2 Turbo: 165 hp
2.3 20 valve: 170 hp
2,2 turbo 20v: 220 hp

Keep us posted on your progress!

/Fredrik

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: