Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

What about the side molding on the car? *Pictures*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joecitizennn  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still a possibility that they repainted the car with side trim off and then put new side strips on. If that is the case you will have uniform paint underneith. However, not all paints are equal, and it is hard to come up with a repaint job as durable and as well bonded as the original. Therfore, if the car was repainted and new side strips applied over the paint you will have the worry that the paint may come off with the strip, being less durable than the original.
thirdgenbird  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the trim easy to locate and relatively cheap? the section on the effected 1/4 panel is comming off a little. i may try and take it off and see what i have underneath and if it looks bad replace it with new trim.
17in caymans, koni yellow coilovers, hypercoil springs, kla solid upper mounts, 968 sway bars, kla drop links, kla strut brace, fidanza flywheel, dansk catback, wilwood front calipers, ss brake lines, e-codes, 944 duckbill, manual rack,momo steering wheel
Matt Norton  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you can get the stock style molding form most Porsche aftermarket retailers. try http://www.automotion.com/
My car has been repainted and was excosed to a lot of sun. the molding fell of the door reveiling a darker shade of red. Unless you are going to have the car repainted as I plan to you may not want to mess with them unless you will be recovering the are with somthing to replace it. I persnaly like the look with out but if there goes you paint if some one slames there door oppen on you. I think the thicker 944 and after market ones look better. All of the 88's I have seen have the thin style you could have them painted the same color as your car. the black cars I think look better because the molding and body are the same color.

What is up with the glass sunroof on the white car. I have never seen glass. was that an option or standard for a particlar year? does it come out like the standard remvable targa like tops that most of our cars have?
I wouldn't mind having a glass roof I could slip in when I am in the mood.
mikeycrum14  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where to buy these moldings? i like them and my car needs a few peices.
1987 300zx Turbo - Also White
1991 Miata - White field find
1987 924S - Alpine White, Offroader Build, possible future TDI swap
Johann  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose passion sells them. Have a look here
Marckowalk  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: body side moldings Reply with quote

pocketscience wrote:
I'm a firm believer in that just because it was factory doesn't necessarily mean it's worth keeping... but at the end of the day it's your car!

Those are non factory. They are too thick . Obviously after market. Automotion has complete new sets. Marc Kowalk
pocketscience  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: body side moldings Reply with quote

Marckowalk wrote:
pocketscience wrote:
I'm a firm believer in that just because it was factory doesn't necessarily mean it's worth keeping... but at the end of the day it's your car!

Those are non factory. They are too thick . Obviously after market. Automotion has complete new sets. Marc Kowalk

Holy thread resurrection batman... Either way, 9 years ago, it looked better with em off.
69 911
snakoil  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and it still does!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: