Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

77 924 engine swap (of course)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cbass  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-05-15 16:06, larso wrote:
Never drive a car with a hood on unless it's raining.

Larso

Not big on the whole drag coefficient thing there Lars? I tried to find that BC Porsche place... No luck, but there is a company in Ontario call BC Porsches or something.
larso  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drag coeff has no effect with a low end grunt engine, you pull off the stop lights and go up to 50MPH blowing hondas away, who nees a damn hood.
Larso
(puts on a muscle shirt)
numbers  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but Larso, you don't want those Honda owners to see what you are running as you blow them away. If I had a V-8 in there, I would want the car to look perfectly stock on the outside.
dwak  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holley carb and Edelbrock make special low profile carbs and intake manifolds for Rover/Buick V8's for MGB conversions, etc. There are a lot of sites that detail MGB/V8 conversions which are a very similar exercise to 924/V8 conversions.

dwak who sold his MGB's because they love to rust
Cbass  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed there are. I have seen some of these setups, and this is why I much prefer the Ford 5.0 swap on sports cars. Compact, light(for a SB) and EFI. The 250hp easily had from these motors should be enough for a 2500lb street car, you can only put down so much power on a street tire.

http://members.aol.com/danmas/motors.htm

Lots of stuff here I won't have to explain.
Murf Dawg  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Bro.

Sorry im a little late with this post. Its probably a waste of time but check this out

http://www.renegadehybrids.com

This guy has alot of info on what your looking for. I am in the prosses of doing the same thing myself

Good luck to ya
Cbass  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting my V8 in an RX-7... The 924 gets to keep its nice light 4 cyl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: