Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Looking for a 924

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2000 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: chris@delpreston.com
Date: 2/2/00
Time: 11:19:48 PM

Hello everyone...

I have decided that I want to get a 924, but really am unsure of where to look or where to start.. I have been searching the web, and have found some valueable information. But what I don't have is any suggestions form 924 owners. So if anyone out there would like to give me some pointers or information that they feel would be helpfull I would really appreciate it..

Kind Regards

-chris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2000 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: 924martinirossi@email.msn.com
Date: 2/3/00
Time: 12:46:07 AM

See above post on "What to look for when buying a 924". The many models of 924's that are out there are as varied as the people on this list. I have had six 924's in the lst two-n-a-half years. Got three now.

BTW; The first one I bought I bought it sight unseen for $800 and it is a Martini Rossi. It had been in a garage for 10 years. It is now my daily driver and in very good shape.

Ask alot of questions and read everything you can about the 924's

Michael

Time: 12:46:09 AM

See above post on "What to look for when buying a 924". The many models of 924's that are out there are as varied as the people on this list. I have had six 924's in the lst two-n-a-half years. Got three now.

BTW; The first one I bought I bought it sight unseen for $800 and it is a Martini Rossi. It had been in a garage for 10 years. It is now my daily driver and in very good shape.

Michael

Time: 12:46:11 AM

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: rmaclaren@iprimus.ca
Date: 2/4/00
Time: 1:45:18 AM

Hi Chris,

You know what I wish I had done before purchasing my car and fixing it up? Three things: (1) clearly stated goals and (2) research and (3) planning and parts sourcing to meet the goals. I could have saved myself thousands...

Having said that, are you sure you want a stock 924? Some of the guys here have 931's, Carrera GT's, Sebrings, and ya don't want to get a stock vehicle and then have to spend thousands to make the car DO the same things as these other beasts, unless, that is, a sleeper or wolf in sheep's clothing, is your goal.

And having said that, maybe if you do decide on a 924 you should get one already equipped with an M-471 system (Did I get that right John?). Also, look for:

discs all round, leather interior, electric windows (you will love them and hate yourself if you cheap out and go with standard mirrors), rear wiper, good electrical and coolant system, new timing belt, new clutch, check the tranny out...drive the car, expect to replace the shocks unless informed otherwise by the owner, insist on receipts before cash transfer, start the car, turn every appliance in the car on at once for 20 minutes in heated garage and watch the gauges.

...or just buy mine!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: webmeister@924.org
Time: 3:18:50 PM

You GOT IT!! I'm gonna retire.

Actually, the M471 includes the 4 wheel discs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2000 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: webmeister@924.org
Time: 3:25:56 PM

924s are not common. Good ones are REALLY uncommon. Once you get a good one or get one and get it in shape it will be fairly economical to own. (Always with the caveat that it IS and old car!) A 924 Turbo or GT etc is a whole different beast in that you should have a serious uderstanding of what you are (potentially) getting into.

For reference my son just bought a nice clean 88 944 for $4500. We are seeing some old car high miles car things but nothing untoward or unexpected.

We also have a 931 project sitting in the driveway: $600 (not running) and of course my 924 $2000 4 years ago.

All depends on your budget and whether your hobby is working and tinkering.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2000 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: tleichma@swbell.net
Date: 2/10/00
Time: 3:12:02 PM

chris,

i actuially have 2 924's that are getting ready for sale. one is and 1979 which is from canada and another which is an 1980. also i have a 1973 911T in stock and a 1983 944 na in stock. anyone who is interested in any of these please email me. all cars are sold in good working order and are always sold below value.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: EWRKAF@ENTER.NET
Date: 16 Feb 2000
Time: 23:43:12

1979 924
ENGINE TOTALLY REBUILT TOP AND BOTTOM
(9000 MILES ON ENGINE)127000 MILES ON CAR
NEW CAM,BEARINGS,RINGS,INJECTORS,FUEL DISTRIBUTER
CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE, NEW TIRES
NEW WINSHIELD AND DASH OVERLAY
FRONT SEATS REDONE
RUBBER REDONE FOR HATCH AND SUN ROOF
NEW ODOMETER (MILAGE CERTIFIED)
NEW MOTORS FOR ELECTRIC WINDOWS
GAS TANK RECOATED
NEW FUEL PUMP
NEW CANISTER
NEW RADIO AND TAPE PLAYER
$7500 INVESTED ASKING $4500

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2000 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email: EWRKAF@ENTER.NET
Date: 16 Feb 2000
Time: 23:45:08

1979 924
ENGINE TOTALLY REBUILT TOP AND BOTTOM
(9000 MILES ON ENGINE)127000 MILES ON CAR
NEW CAM,BEARINGS,RINGS,INJECTORS,FUEL DISTRIBUTER
CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE, NEW TIRES
NEW WINSHIELD AND DASH OVERLAY
FRONT SEATS REDONE
RUBBER REDONE FOR HATCH AND SUN ROOF
NEW ODOMETER (MILAGE CERTIFIED)
NEW MOTORS FOR ELECTRIC WINDOWS
GAS TANK RECOATED
NEW FUEL PUMP
NEW CANISTER
NEW RADIO AND TAPE PLAYER
$7500 INVESTED ASKING $4500

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    924Board.org Forum Index -> Posts Rescued From the Old Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: