Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Supercooler intercooler
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cbass  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, I always wondered what a liquid nitrogen explosion would look like

I think an air to air is good enough for street and most racing... if not, well, thats where the crazy hotrodding part comes into it.

If your goal is a charge temp lower than 150F, than you need a good heat exchanger and resevoir. I think this is what numbers was talking about...

I don't know how much coolant you would want in the resevoir. I think 2-3 liters would be quite nice. The best design would be a wide, flat pan type design, because that would allow for extra cooling of the coolant, which is kind of the idea.

Imagine two tinfoil baking pans(made of sheet aluminum), welded together, with an inlet and an outlet. See what I'm getting at? You could probably find some space for it somewhere...
dwak  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-06-02 03:35, Lizard wrote:
no when i say that i really mean bull perm or spoof if you want to call it that, farmers get it to AI (artifically inseminate) there cows so they dont have to keep a bull, it is really easy to get ahold of

It's not easy to get a hold of at all, Lizard, it's quite slippery. And have you ever tried wacking off a 2000# bull who thinks your hands are rough and that you don't look at all like Daisy-Moo?
dwak
Cbass  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO...

Good god, we should start saving these posts for a book, we could make a killing...

LN is pretty easy to get, find a gas supply company. Air Liquide Canada is based out of Quebec, but they have HQs all over Canada... Or Praxair.
numbers  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it use to be popular to run a "Cool Can" in drag cars. It was just a big coffee can that had the fuel line ran through it in a big spiral. It was filled with dry ice, or regular ice and water before each run. The cold fuel cooled the cylinder temps just like cooled air from an intercooler.
larso  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until they figured out that the fuel didn't get atomized as good when cold. Some cars have fuel heaters on them to improve atomization on cold starts. My guess, is that the best set up, is to have really hot fuel, and cold air...I'm not sure about the air thing yet, as I have no experience with cold air injection, or ram air...but I know for sure that hot fuel will atomize much better. Squirt hot water through a water gun, and it's much easier to atomize and mist than really cold water. I've stated before that cold air probably won't give you very much HP, but maybe if the fuel is heated and the air is cooled that is better.

Cold engines run very poor, and get very poor fuel economy. This is not just because the oil is thick in the engine, it's because of fuel not atomizing. I suppose if you were a drag racer and the sun was beating down on you engine, and the engine ran VERY hot, it may be an improvement to use a fuel cooler...OR if you had REALLY REALLY REALLY good injectors, that sprayed fuel really well even at cold temperatures, that's the only way I can see cold fuel being better. Also I've read about those really fancy injectors that are supposed to be good..some of them are bull shit. The ones that are polished are more expensive, but infact the rougher ones for cheaper atomize the fuel better because of the roughness creating a better spray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: