Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Darned grounding from intake housing...where's it go?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've searched Haynes and their indexing (as a technical writer) absolutely sucks. I tried to scour the document for 'ground' but failed.

Where's the ground from the intake (throttle) to the chassis connect up?

I've placed one that I think is WRONG, from the top, 10 mm bolt, where the throttle cable hooks in, to just behind the coil. That can't be right. Where should this ground go?
924 turbo  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my '81 there is a ground from one of the intake manifold bolts to behind the coil. There is also another one from another manifold bolt to the alternator. Hope this helps.
John Brown  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, if you are talking about the heavy grounds intended to ground the engine to the chassis then they one or both went to the studs on either side of the coil. All of the grounds for 'stuff' (brown wires) just went to a nearby bolt. The braided alternator ground just to an intake bolt. Hey, grounds is grounds.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank John. Well I tried one from the intake at the throttle bolt to the coil bolt as Jon suggested. A second one I strung from the intercooler to the chassis ground just in front of the battery.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick MacLaren on 2002-06-14 14:01 ]
924 turbo  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Rick, mine is from one of the manifold-to-head bolts to behind the coil.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that's easy to change - can do it tonight before my trip. Thanks.
numbers  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, on my '80 the stock ground runs from the intake to the coil mount. I have added another from the battery cable firewall ground to the head. The more grounds you can have on these cars the better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: