Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

intercooler Q
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John H  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-06-08 20:55, larso wrote:
Hmm so maybe a relocation of the oil cooler, such as inside one of the fender wells, only problem is long oil lines prone to easier failure and more expensive to replace.

I have my coolers mounted in the standard 931 position and the samller one in front of the radiator. In the 12 years they have been on the car there has been no failure in the lines. If you use proper high pressure tube and fittings you should have no problems - you just need to make sure you run the lines to avoid chaffing on the steel.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran the car with a slightly modified John H style top mounted cooler last night. Smoked a supercharged 1.8 Corrodo.

All I can say is: Hoo ha

Get a top-mounted cooler, and all you'll be able to say is "Hoo ha".

Guaranteed. If you don't say Hoo Ha, you're obviously very hard to please.
larso  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-06-11 09:27, John H wrote:
Quote:

On 2002-06-08 20:55, larso wrote:
Hmm so maybe a relocation of the oil cooler, such as inside one of the fender wells, only problem is long oil lines prone to easier failure and more expensive to replace.

I have my coolers mounted in the standard 931 position and the smaller one in front of the radiator. In the 12 years they have been on the car there has been no failure in the lines. If you use proper high pressure tube and fittings you should have no problems - you just need to make sure you run the lines to avoid chaffing on the steel.

You were saying that the bigger oil cooler was causing the car to run hotter because of rad absorbing the heat so I was thinking maybe the oil cooler could be relocated further away so that you could run bigger coolers and not have the radiator absorb the heat as much. Not much space so maybe the in where the fenders are, of course then you get tire dust and dirt thrown on to the oil cooler so it's not practical unless you are on track, and I don't know how big of a cooler you can fit in the fender area anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: