Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

hood hinges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samurai924s  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really need to find some hood hinges. mine are trashed from where the hood flew up on the previous owner. i primarly use my car for racing so i havent worried about it. but now i want to restore my car and retire it to an occasional driver instead of a race car. the factory replacement hinges are $200 per hinge; thats $400! if anyone knows of any places i can get some for cheap, or if anyone has some lying around they want to sell please help me out.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a set i pulled off for cbass but he was just going to get some from vancouver so i now have a pair to sell say $30 plus shipping if you email me your address i can find out shipping costs cjensan@roadfly.org

[ This Message was edited by: Lizard on 2002-08-07 09:10 ]
samurai924s  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are yours off a 924s or if they are not will they fit mine.
gohim  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the hinges may still be my on 944 parts car.

I can go out and take a look tomorrow.

If they are good, you can have them for $20, plus shipping if you are in the US. I don;t ship parts out of the US anymore.

Let me know if you want them, and I will check the hinges in the morning, tomorrow (06/04/02).
samurai924s  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in va where are you? i would like them if you do have them.it would be better than getting lizards shipped brom B.C.
gohim  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went out and checked.

The hinges are still on the 944, and they are good. The car and hinges are red.

You can have them for $20 with the bolts, plus shipping.

They should weigh around 6-8lbs boxed, and ready to ship. Shipping by Priority Mail would be $12 with Insurance and Delivery Confirmation, based on a weight of 8 lbs. Delivery time would be about 2-3 days.

You may be able to go UPS Ground for less, you can go to the UPS site and get a quote from the rate calculator. I am in Rialto, CA. 92376. Use 8lbs weight, size 12 X 10 X 4, customer counter, own packaging, and residential delivery, unless you have a comercial address for UPS to deliver to. Shipping time would be around 7-10 working days once the package enters the system. Add $2.50 to the UPS quote for the box, packing materials.
gohim  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out to the 944 parts car and removed the hood hinges with the bolts.

Looks like they were replacements, installed when the car was in an accident years ago.

The Official Porsche Part Number Stickers and Part Numbers are still readable. The hinges were not completely painted when they were replaced.

The $20 was a limited time offer, if you want them, you need to speak up, or the price is going to go up. These things look like a lot more than $20.
samurai924s  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get that private message i sent?
i gave my address and such. how do you want to transfer funds.send me a private message with your address and i can send you a check or money order then you can send the hinges to my address.
Cbass  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Colin, I wanted to know if you had pulled them or not... If you hadn't, I was going to say never mind, but since you have, I will pay for them... I am sort of obligated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: