Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924S/944 Clutch Parts For Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gohim  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up some new original Porsche Clutch Parts for a 944/924S, and they are for sale cheap.

There are a couple of clutch discs, a pressure plate, and a throw-out bearing.

I am out of town right now picking up an engine, and I have been told that it also has a low mileage clutch setup on it that I mat use, or may sell, depending on whether I decide to use some of the new parts that I picked up.

I also have a new Sachs clutch disc that is supposed to be for a 931 or a Carrera. It is also for sale cheap, I picked it up because it was a great deal, not because I needed it.

I also have a new in box, 944T throw-out Bearing sitting here that I can't use. Make me an offer, you could very well be an owner.

Please email me privately, if you are serious so we can complete a transaction quickly. I would like to move this stuff soon.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you want for the sachs 931/carrera clutch disk and will you ship to canada
gohim  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this part will not fit a normal 924.

Shipping parts to Canada is a big problem because many disappear, or are damaged, and when I have shipped parts to Canada, the Receiving Party has always been upset with the Customs Duty slapped on by Canadian Customs, or the Clearing House Fees.

If you are close to the US Border, you could have it shipped to a List Member who could hold it for you until you could drive over to get it. Maybe you could cross the border with it, without having to pay a huge Customs Fee (typically 50% of the toal value of the shipment and shipping charges).

The price would be $100, plus shipping, for the Clutch Disc, to the US destination of your choice.
carnut280  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the clutch disk have a rubber center, or is it a metal one with the springs? and also, is the clutch, pressure plate AND throwout bearing for the $100.00?
gohim  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnut280,

What model car do you have?

The 924 Carerra Clutch Disc is the spring centered disk only. I have never seen a 931 disc with a rubber center. It has the 931/924 splines, so it won't fit on a 924 NA. The aftermaket price for a 931 disc is around $250, so $100 is a great price.

If you have a 944 or 924S, I have pressure plates, throw-out bearings, and clutch discs. There are both brand new parts (Porsche Branded Sachs Parts, and Sachs Branded Parts), and a set of like-new Sachs-Branded used parts. The like new parts include a clutch disc that has not been broken in (the contact faces are not flat and smooth yet from running. All of the 944/924S clutch discs that I have are rubber centered. Although it looks like people had problems with the rubber centered clutch discs a long time ago, reliability has been good for some time, and people have been complaining about the additional noise that appears when a spring centered clutch disc is installed in place of the rubber centered part.

If you are interested in a set of new 944/924S clutch parts, I can sell you a set Porsche Branded Parts, including the throwout-bearing, pressure plate and clutch disc for about $275, plus shipping.

If you are interested in the Sachs, like-new used parts, I can sell you the set for $200, plus the shipping.

I just measured the thickness of the like-new used clutch disc, and it reads out virtually the same as the new Porsche Branded clutch discs that are sitting here. These parts cam with the basketcase 87 944 engine that I bought yesterday. The Seller told me that these parts came on an 86 944 engine that he bought to replace his 87 944 engine which suffered from a broken timing belt. He had recently installed a new spring centered clutch on his old engine (the one I bought with the broken timing belt), so he removed it, and installed it on the replacement 86 944 engine.

If you buy the like-new used parts, and you don't like the way that they look when they are delivered, you can send them back (without playing with, or installing them), and pay the difference to move up to the new parts.

I am going to use whichever parts don't sell. It doesn't make any difference to me which parts I install in my car, because both sets of parts are at new specs.

If you only want some clutch parts, I will sell you the new, or used parts that you want.

Please keep in mind that I will only ship to addresses within the US.

If you have new engine parts, I may be willing to trade. At this time, I am looking for a 944 head gasket set, rollers, pulleys, belts, and standard piston ring, rod bearing, and main bearing sets. I only want genuine Porsche, or German Made parts made by Official Porsche Suppliers. No low quality parts, or parts made in foreign or third world countries.
carnut280  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, I'm in the US, and I drive an absolutely gorgous 1987 924S. my clutch isn't dead, and hopefully won't be for a while, but I'm just lookin around, seein what I can scrape up...that price sounds great. But, since I just paid for a tune up that included timing belt tensioning, a sunroof gear replacement, and a coolant and power steering flush and fill, I'll be outa cash for a while, but I'll let u know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: