Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Throttle body upgrade... question on air by pass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone performed the Audi/vw throttle body upgrade to their 924? I have a specific question on the air by pass section of the throttle body. The VW unit I have looks just like the Audi unit on the getting more power section 924.org. The air by pass section is to large for the intake... thus hangs out in the air by about .100 inches. Has anyone performed the Audi transplant on the 1980 plus intakes? Did you have this issue and or what did you do to compensate for it? A plate?

You can see what I am talking about on my site under my projects. Look at the throttle bodies on my project main page and check out the air by pass sticking out on VW body.

Thanks

Eric
http://www.geocities.com/eturbo924
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok since no one answered .. If figured it out. There is barely any meat there on the edge of the intake... so Chris at Advanced Racing heads is welding up a shelf for this section. Check my site in a few days to see the photos of the work.

Eric
larso  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell us before and after results...

Most people are way too positive and say "oh it helped a great bit", give us an honest response got a g-tech?
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not have a G-tech. I got the project completed, but did not get to test it. I need to get the air fuel right. It is now slightly off since the body is delivering more air... also the air by pass is larger... guess it makes sence.

The car developed a mis-fire but seemed to get better the more it was run. It does not like to sit for weeks with out running. I punishes me ever time I let it sit.

Oh one thing I noticed is that sitting at idle and giving it gas... from under the hood. The car reved a bit quicker. It was not like I put a shot of nitrious, but it was a little better. Not expecting all that much of an improvement... just a little here and there. I have some good pictures and plan to post them soon.

Once the car is out of the body shop I will fine tune the new intake and throttle body and give you final impressions on the upgrade.

Eric
http://www.geocities.com/eturbo924
Joes924  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put the same kind of tb on,the idle screw has to be almost all the way in..
I noticed on both the euro & na tb that theres a hole in the primary butterfly
I used the linkage from the euro on the big bore & got rid of all that electric stuff I didnt need now I could switch butterflys ..I was thinken the one with the hole would make
a difference.Does this make any sense.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that hole in the first flap is to help the car idle i think i wouldnt bother changing the butterfly flap on the tb but hey there has to be a first for everything
Joes924  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Im haven probs at idle not much its just a little high..actually sometimes at stops its a little high then most of the time its purring low so Ill find time &d o it not now though.
Lizard  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

know that feeling there joes
friskynibbles  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a question, a dumb question...
my throttle body only has one cute little hole. all the upgrades i've seen have two cute little holes. is that what the upgrade is? or do i just have a gimpy one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: