Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Water spray cooling, onto turbo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numbers  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see if I can dig out the old box or the paperwork this weekend. I am a pack rat, so I will probably have it.
Peter  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone thought about an Accusump. An Accusump is a 3 quart air pressurized metal cylinder filled with motor oil that you can use as a preluber and when the oil pickup runs dry (happens on the track during high G turns) the Accusump pumps the oil into the engine. You cannot use it as a post luber, but at the track, I leave my 924 running for a few minutes with the hood open and the heater on full. Cools the car quickly.
Summitracing.com sells the 3qt Accusump for $173.00, the cheapest I have seen. This is on my list for my 931 track car.
-Peter A. Holiatt
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, Accusump, that's the ticket. It's the thing I was talking about under "Oil Light flashed on briefly when turning sharply" in "931 Discussion". I have the 3 quart version with the piston inside that separates the air side from the oil side. They also make a smaller one with no piston that can only be mounted with the outlet positioned downward. I think they're made by Moroso? (A Moroso sticker came with mine.) Another obscure feature of it is with the additional capacity, you can go longer without adding oil to an oil burning engine (like the old Honda I had mine on).
Peter  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Smoothie,
Just curious, where on the engine did you attach the Accusump line?
-Peter
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the old Honda, I had a remote oil filter and an oil cooler already installed, so I attached the Accusump with a T fitting to the line that returned oil from the cooler to the engine. I put in a check valve to keep all the oil flowing toward the engine bearings for the prelube function - might not be necessary because some oil filters have check valves built in. Accusumps can also be T'd into the oil pressure sender point on most cars, but 924's have them in a tight spot so it might not fit. Probably would have to go with a sandwich adapter at the oil filter attachment unless you already have an oil cooler with lines you can "T" into. I never had the Accusump installed on my 924T. I'm going to put it back into service soon on my Cherokee once the engine is overhauled.

Of course on a 931, If you don't mind cutting one of the rubber lines to the oil cooler (and there's enough hose length there to accept a T fitting), that's probably the place to "T" in.

[ This Message was edited by: Smoothie on 2002-05-11 12:22 ]
numbers  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, the place where I got my Turbo Saver was:

Oregon Research Technology Inc.
1606 Dowell Road
Grants Pass, OR 97527

Telephone: 503-476-0284.

I don't know if they are still around, as my receipt is dated 1988. Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: