Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

cam pulley removal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dglancy  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 924s 1987 and need to replace the cam pulley. My manual says to use a suitable puller. after removing the rotor and the pulley set screw, I can only move the pulley about 1/16". Any help would be appreciated.
carnut280  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, many many people have said that it is not a good idea to replace anything that has to do with timing without a $500.00 belt tensioning tool from Porsche. I would recommend taking it to your Porsche dealership to a Porsche certified master technician. I can recommend some good ones in Colorado if ya want. but I had always been told not to mess with the timing. the book says something about measuring the distance between the tensioners with drill bits, but that is not a good idea from what I have heard. Take it to a tech. it'll be expensive, but worth it.
gohim  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was wrong with your cam gear?

While you are in there, you should replace the front oil seals, and inspect the rollers, pulleys, and water pump.

How are you planning on retensioning the timing and balance shaft belts? Did you buy the P9201 Tool, or borrow it from someone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: