Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

my 924 carrera gt replica finished

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ward  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

things done to car:-
1 motec m48 sequential fuel injection, electronic ignition
2 electronic waste gate control, engine runs at 1.1 to 1.3 bar controlled by motec.
3 modifications to suit bosch 803 injectors and motec fuel rail with 10 bar adjustable fuel pressure regulator and sensor to motec.
4 all fuel lines and oil lines stainless braid
5 flywheel machined with 8 slots for timing sensor
6 disy mods:- weld up waits in disy, cut off 3 pick up probes.(is now only used as tdc)1 probe only, took out rpm cut gizmo.
7 installed map sensor, air temp sensor, lamber sensor, flywheel timing sensor, fuel pressure sensor, relocated oil pressure sensor, water temp sensor plus the original.
8 motec controls sequential fuel injection, ignition system, boost control, thermo fans, air conditioner, nitrous oxide system, warning light, intercooler water spray.
engine mods:-
1 engine fully rebuilt 8.02.1 comp
2 forged ross racing pistons 1mm oversize, piston rings made slightly thicker
3 ported head with stainless steel valves.
4 inlet manufold, intercooler,turbo pipe,exhaust manufold, all ported and polished.
5 gtr head gasket
6 larger sump installed with external electric oil pump, pumping oil from turbo into sump(later another oil cooler is getting added), this fixs the oil pressure problem when going fast around bends, also help in cooling, also eliminates the oil blow through problem though oil seals in turbo.
7 flywheel machined for the timing sensor, also lightweight clutch installed with 2.6 tonne clamp.
8 all rods and pistons waited by the gram
9 all water pipes were remade to stainless pipe.
10 aluminium brackets were made also for holding parts in engine bay.
11 cold air induction through front vent was made with k&n air cleaner.
12 heat shielding around oil line to turbo
13 turbo fully rebuilt(carrera gt type)
14 engine dynoed at 140hp at wheels???? and about 850 lb torque it is more since i found out the boost was a bit low and the dyno was reading low for some reason, a bloke in melbourne who has neally done the same as i have got 200hp at wheels, i think mine is about that as well. ill re the dyno later once a few adjustments are made.
Michael Kouridakis  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures man, pictures!! Let's hear more. Sounds nice.
Rick MacLaren  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show us, show us.

Gosh I admire wrench-heads like this that do it right...
ward  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW DO I PUT PITCHURES ON THE WEB SITE?
ward  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a pitchure in the registor section, i put it in a long time ago. build spec is wrong usa, the car is in australia. click on 1980 section turbo and look for my name. ill get some photos of engine developed and send them to the sight once i know how? click on the car to get bigger pitchure.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where in Aus are you?

There's a post in the "About the Board" forum about including pics with your posts.

If you don't have server space email your pics to me and I'll drop them one one of our servers.
ward  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in perth, it mite take a week or to untill i get photos of engine.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, sounds like we should add pics of this project to the Projects page! Send the pics to me at webmeister@924.org. Also, remind me where you are in the Register, I'll update it.

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Rosnik  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guys ,
Have you same suggestin to get to convert my 81' 924 TURBO 177 Cv on a 924 CARRERA GT .
Regards
Nico
plasticbaldy  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm an aussie too & I previously owned a Carrera GT replica someone else built & regret selling it.Luckily I took molds of all the pannels & am about to build two,one for me & one for my son. I have the first 931 & am looking for another. My last one had Symmonds wheels,8" rear 7" front,I think, but I don't understand how wheel offset is measured. Anyone wanting the panels "down under" should contact me. I regularly work in glass or in carbonfibre. Meantime can you guys tell me what wheel options I have for 5 stud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: