Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Anyone else feel like the Garage needs to be deep cleaned?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we bust out the pail and mop in the Garage area of the .org?
Yes
65%
 65%  [ 32 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Maybe So
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Gee sounds like a lot of work, but go ahead if you want
26%
 26%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 49

Neil924  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also have the F.A.Q. links in every forum. And don't use F.A.Q., spell the words out so new guys kown what FAQ means.
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you guys do wash the ability to load our projects pics
out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
skemcin  

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joes924Racer wrote:
What did you guys do wash the ability to load our projects pics
out.
I'm not sure what you mean - can you elaborate?

9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can there be a section or a link that shows a clear picture of the engine bay with most things labled? Also, a photo of a suspension corner and a photo or two of the underside {up on ahoist}?

I know the basic checks, tests and item names. It was learning where and what things were that was time consuming.

It would help new guys out, also those who aren't mechanically inclined {hi} and it would cut down on multiple posts asking the same questions with long drawn out answers.

In my opinion this is a good idea because looking back, I really would have used this section, it would have made learning much more quick and simple.
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this picture, only the words would be in a white back ground text box, so they are easier to read.

skemcin  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great ideas, and i'd glad to eventually get to that - but first things first - i still need the help with recollecting the existing content. i should be finishing up two side jobs here in the next month or two which will allow me more time to possibly revisit this idea.
9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: dreamweaver class Reply with quote

sitting here finishing my advanced class...are we ready for a site overhaul?

I have Way too many cars, parts for the 931,944 and 951
skemcin  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: dreamweaver class Reply with quote

Zuffen wrote:
sitting here finishing my advanced class...are we ready for a site overhaul?
i've gotten this far:
http://www.iribbit.net/924

here is some history on where we are:
http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=15357

and here is a post for some work that I coudl use help with:
http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=15395
Neil924  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I can't help out with the nuts and bolts of building the website since I don't know how to code etc.... But I do have ideas of how to make the site better/ easier.

When it's all up and running, I think we should include specs. and differences for the 924, 924S, 931 and 944 into the model section. And also a plus / minus section. ie: the 1976 -1978 924 wasn't as refined {go into detail here} but it was the lightest years of production etc.... I can compile the stats and specs. if anyone else thinks this would save us from answering these posts twice a week.

And if it's possible, can we add a button to each topic that would bring us to the first new post in that topic, from the last time we logged on?

There are more ideas but I'll wait until the site is ready.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a thought fights its way to the surface;

Has there been any thought given to where the site will be hosted?

The discussion board will still be hosted down here, even though it will be framed in the new site, as there's no way I'd trust a commercial hosting service to actually do what they promise like perform daily backups or even actually monitor their servers.

I've seen a couple of really good sites like diy-efy that were decimated when the commercial server they were on died and the backups that were part of the hosting package suddenly didn't exist.

I suppose that as the bulk of the traffic hits 924board.org then if 924.org is having a problem we just present the discussion board as it is now rather than redirect.

Learn to love your multimeter and may the search be with you
skemcin  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil924 wrote:
Sadly, I can't help out with the nuts and bolts of building the website since I don't know how to code etc.... But I do have ideas of how to make the site better/ easier.

When it's all up and running, I think we should include specs. and differences for the 924, 924S, 931 and 944 into the model section. And also a plus / minus section. ie: the 1976 -1978 924 wasn't as refined {go into detail here} but it was the lightest years of production etc.... I can compile the stats and specs. if anyone else thinks this would save us from answering these posts twice a week.

And if it's possible, can we add a button to each topic that would bring us to the first new post in that topic, from the last time we logged on?

There are more ideas but I'll wait until the site is ready.

I hear ya Neil, but in all honesty, you do not need to knwo how to code. As I mentioned in the post, I just need help gathering the content - I just need TEXT files with images - I'll do all the work creating and formatting code.

As far as discussion board features, everytime I visit the site, the first link I click on is the one labeled "View posts since last visit" which pulls all the posts that were added since you last log in.

In any case, I understand people don;t have time, I know mine is limited. It would be a big help if anyone could help just gathering content into Text files.

Peter_in_AU wrote:
a thought fights its way to the surface;

Has there been any thought given to where the site will be hosted?

The discussion board will still be hosted down here, even though it will be framed in the new site, as there's no way I'd trust a commercial hosting service to actually do what they promise like perform daily backups or even actually monitor their servers.

I've seen a couple of really good sites like diy-efy that were decimated when the commercial server they were on died and the backups that were part of the hosting package suddenly didn't exist.

I suppose that as the bulk of the traffic hits 924board.org then if 924.org is having a problem we just present the discussion board as it is now rather than redirect.

Peter, I think we had discussed this via PM a while back. I am an affiliate of http://www.crystaltech.com and have been using them for 4+ years with 20+ clients of mine. They are top notch - and I have gone through (moved all 20+ clients) through three hosting companies to find them. I am VERY confident they will do - with price, service and reliability. And, yes, the board would stay where it is, just the 924.org site would move and recevie the face lift. I can supply the "simple_header.tpl" file with supporting graphics to give the board a closer feel to the .org site. But I know with upgrades you had mentioned you might not want to do that. But we can deal with that when we get there.
flosho  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There REALLY REALLY needs to be a write up of both 924 and 931 EFI/megasquirt conversion!!!

That way I can give leadfoot some of my earned(hard is debatable) money..
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I stirred this up I guess I should help do the dirty work huh?

I can give you a couple hours a day during the month of Nov to work on content. After T-giving it will be all family obligations through the end of the year. Jan. until whenever I can do some more.
skemcin  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My924gtc wrote:
Since I stirred this up I guess I should help do the dirty work huh?

I can give you a couple hours a day during the month of Nov to work on content. After T-giving it will be all family obligations through the end of the year. Jan. until whenever I can do some more.
thanks for volunteering. Here is some links to read to get an idea of how I am proceeeding:

history on where we are:
http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=15357

and here is a post for some work that I could use help with:
http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=15395

dtv
jpab924  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to knock this off the sticky list.

So how much help did you get from my 924gtc? Pitching in are you Mark?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> About The Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: