Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1981 924 Turbo Engine and interior HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klober23  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1981 924 Turbo. The engine needs to be rebuilt. Where can I find a kit or parts for this engine? I also need to redo the interior..mainly I want to replace the two front seats with black leather ones. Do you know where I can find these? I also need weather stripping and rubber parts.
Paul T.  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no kit made for these engines, except for the one you piece together after you have spent about two grand buying all of the parts. There are many parts sources out there, but be sure to comparison shop, because there is a difference in price for the same parts between the sources. Performance Products, Tweeks, The Parts Bin, and PAP Parts are all good sources for reasonably priced items. Good Luck!
924RACR  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction - there is a re-ring kit. Well, really, it is just a collection of the relevant parts, but EBS Racing (www.ebsracing.com) sells it as a kit, for $395. It's rings, bearings (mains and rods), seals and gaskets, and will be a starting point. Of course, anything beyond the above may be need to be ordered additionally - talk to the customer service reps if you have any questions.

As for interior - sources as Paul mentioned for weatherstripping and seals, but I'd suggest you look out for nice seats from a 944, particularly if you want leather. They're easy to find - everyone's upgrading to the next, and we're at the bottom of the food chain - and you should also be able to upgrade to Sport seats. They should bolt right in, except that power seats would need to be wired. Thank Ferry for making things standard that didn't need to be otherwise...

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
klober23  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been asking a lot of question because I am almost ready this weekend to get my 1981 924 turbo that I am going to totally redo. Thanks everyone!
friskynibbles  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel your pain...
i'm rebuilding almost the entire car, which i picked up for 1500 CDN with a Chev V6 also in the deal.
i'm starting to rebuild the stock engine on saturday. anything you discover would be of great use to me because i am not mechanically inclined.
regards,
Daniel Schenkeveld
Vernon, BC, Canada
'81 931 Project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: