Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

"Login" & "Currently Browsing" Buttons not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
924Kid  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may just be my board settings or my wacky computer, but those 2 buttons don't work for me. Says it can't find a file.

No big deal,works fine when I want to post something, which is usually the only time I log in anyway. Just wondering whats up with that.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's wierd! Works for me which is no help for you.

Would you copy and paste the messages you're getting into an email to me and I'll have a look.
924Kid  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.924.board.org/login.php. The system cannot find the file specified"

Sounds like something with my explorer maybe? Didn't work with Netscape either though.

Anyway, like I said, not a problem, I still get a login page when I have to post something.
teo  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IExplorer does the same for me but for the 'currently browsing' (whosonline.php) link. I just hit reload and then it's ok.

didn't really care about it until now, but now you mention it..

So it appears IE only does it only when my firewall prog. is enabled, so there must be some connection with that, maybe some cookie related.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's really strange. I've tried it with a couple of versions of netscape and IE with no problem.

That URL you posted should be http://www.924board.org/login.php (no dot between the 924 and the board) I presume that's a typo.

Do you get the same problem with the Edit Your Preferences, Search, Private Messages and FAQ links?
924Kid  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm already logged on, then everything works. If not, then private messages, login, currently browsing etc don't work.

It may be my wacky computer, it's more fussy than my car! Either way, I'm more than satisfied with the operation of this board and have no trouble using it.

P.S.
Just so you know, yes, I did make a typo in the website, I couldn't copy/paste it from the error window, so I just copied it manually. So the address isn't at fault.
teo  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter_in_AU,

whatever you did it worked (at least for me), I can check the "Currently browsing" for first now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> About The Board All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: