Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Smog Pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numbers  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody still running a smog pump on a 924? If so, I would like to get information on where the pump mounts, which crank pully it runs off of, and what size pully in on the pump. Dare I hope for pictures?
kaffine krazed  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a parts car with one. I'll try to get the info tommorrow after work. I'm not sure if it is all there or not.
numbers  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KK, I appreciate it.
924RACR  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have one, on my first 24... you want it why???

Anyway, there was an extra groove on the crank pulley for the belt, dedicated belt... it mounted about where the alternator on a 931 goes... right above the block, behind the expansion/overflow tank on the 924... always in the way! There was also a filter canister for it's intake side, which mounted to driver's left of the expansion/overflow tank from a bracket that also bolted to the airbox.

Why do you want it again???

Anyway, it just sucks power... sorry, no pics of assembled, since it came off the racecar...

'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
kaffine krazed  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't gotten the pics yet. The battery in my digital camera is dead, I've got it charging and will get the pics tommorow morning.

The pullies both seem to be the same size at 3.5 inches I can't really measure the crank pully size because it is the one cloeset to the motor.
kaffine krazed  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics are now online. Go to http://www.photopoint.com and enter in the email address kaffine@hotmail.com they are under the Porsche folder. Hope the pics help.
numbers  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK, thanks very much. Great pics and exactly what I needed. Larso, you were right about the first groove of the pulley being used. That is where the pump is driven as shown in KK's photos. Vaughan, just an experiment I have been playing with to use an air pump as a mini blower, to put a little boost in the intake until the turbo spools up. If it works out, I will let you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: