Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Ah springtime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just decided that Mother Nature won't be pulling any tricks - like back in the '70s when it snowed on Easter... Took off the flat wheels/winter tires - put on the Fuchs with G-Force radials. Change can be good...

Just hope they lift the water restrictions - I have some stripping and painting to do.

[ This Message was edited by: Smoothie on 2002-03-30 12:56 ]
exc911ence  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three cheers for Spring! As an aside, what sized Fuchs are you running and what type of Porsche did they come off of? I love the look but always assumed that 911 & 944 rims were too big for a 924. Details please!
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% sure they're 7" (7x16) and I'm guessing they came off a 911. If I get a sudden burst of energy tomorrow, I'll confirm the size and measure the backspacing. I got them years ago from a place with some German in the name - I think it was Stuttgart Haus of Parts. I never saw what they came off of (ordered by phone and had them shipped). They did rub in front on bumps and turns until I put stiffer springs in front, a stabilizer bar in back and replaced the front bar with a thicker one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 90% wasn't good enough. My Fuchs are 6" (6Jx16). The backspacing on them, measured from the wheels' mounting surface to the backside of the rim is 4 13/16" (122mm). Here is what was stamped or forged on the back:
6Jx16
FCO

That backspacing measurement might be off slightly - it probably should be 4 7/8" (125mm).
The backspacing on my OE flat wheels - I measure at 142mm, so the Fuchs sit about 17mm further out than OE.

[ This Message was edited by: Smoothie on 2002-04-02 10:26 ]
Michael Kouridakis  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I put the 16x7" and 16x8" phone dials from the 951 0n the 931 and they fit fine. Tires are 205/55/16 front and 225/50/16 rear. Certainly looks cooler than the 15" spiders.
Cbass  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run a 16x8 all around. The idiot my brother bought the thing off of put a 205/40/16 on it.

1)This is too small of a tire for this rim! Note savage gashes on rim

2)He could have put a 225 on the back!

3)He could have put a 215 on the front!

Nice wheels though, Smoothie. Wish I had a set
numbers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, springtime. Pulled the 931 out of winter storage, the insurance goes back into effect today. Spent the weekend detailing it so I could drive it to work today. Right side passenger window gets stuck half way up. Checked switch, it is good. Can't trust Colorado weather in the spring, it could be snowing by this afternoon, so Porsche is regulated to the garage until I get a new window motor. Ordered one off of EBay this morning.
Smoothie  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an iffy drivers side window. When it doesn't go, I just hold the switch and hit the door panel with my other hand - works for me every time. Only have to do this sometimes on the way up. It always goes back down without a fight.

[ This Message was edited by: Smoothie on 2002-04-02 10:31 ]
numbers  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the same thing, but it was a no-go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: