Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Okrasa stroker kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cbass  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where to find a stroker kit? I checked out Oettinger, who made the Okrasa kit. They're into ricing Audis now, so no help from them. If I could find a good stroker kit, I'd be quite happy.
924_fan  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Paeco
Cbass  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paeco? Do they have a website?
HRK  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

email is
paeco@HiWAAY.net

They offered roughly 20% bigger displacement depending on bore. Consisting pistons, rings and crank. They need ~$1300 and exchange crank.

HRK

Cbass  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, you think I'll manage to get 400ccs?
Cbass  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BTW, I don't know what I would do without you Porsche gods.
dwak  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HRK, how did your conversion of the '76 924 to a 931 motor go? Did you use the same drive train, etc?
dwak
HRK  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The motor conversion has been installed from -86. I utilizes original 4-speed drivetrain with modified disk to attach smaller splines on clutch. Somewhere during several clutch job, modified disc was lost and now there is disc from diesel audi, which seems to hold. Gearbox seems to hold pretty well too, it's been rebuilt only once as far as I know. Brakes are from -84 944.

dwak  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HRK, That seems like a relatively simple and clever instalation vs drive-train swaps and, I believe, the 4 SPD trannie is a strong one. You could probably get away with just beefing up the front brakes too. You must surprise a lot of people on the highway. I guess the top speed would be about the same, though.
dwak
HRK  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too much surprises on the highway.
The car doesn't anymore hide its potential. Intercooler and piping is visible. It's located just under/ behind front bumper. GTS lights and lower spiler tells the tale too.
Stock turbo runs out of breath around 6300 rpm, but boy does it get there fast!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: