Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Need More Power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaitin  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people... yes this is my first post. I've been browsing the internet looking for parts to upgrade my 924S. Basically I want a little more kick when I'm coming out of a corner, etc. I've been looking for basic bolt-ons/easy upgrades but I can't seem to find anything. I did stumble upon and intriguing Super Charger kit for the 944 at http://www.huntleyracing.com/engineproductswhole.htm
Would this be possible to get working on my 924S? Also if anybody knows any websites where I could get some basic upgrade parts (i/h/e anything for hp) I'd really appreciate it. So far all I have is a K&N air filter. Thanks for the help.
dwak  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a supercharger on your 924S and you'll be 'Shaitin Bullets'. Sorry but I couldn't resist. Good idea but loads of cash. Maybe cheaper to get a 951 motor put in. Cheapest yet is too shed all those extra pounds (the car not you) for a power to weight ratio increase.
Shaitin  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much exactly would a 951 swap run? And what kinda hp would I end up with? I don't know much about that car at all. Is that a turbo engine? Thanks.
Shaitin  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much exactly would a 951 swap run? And what kinda hp would I end up with? I don't know much about that car at all. Is that a turbo engine? Thanks.
Shaitin  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whow... my bad... I have absolutely no idea why that last post appeared twice. I definately didn't do that myself. Sorry about that one, but I wanted to add as well... call me a ricer or somethin but I am a fan of a larger exhaust sound and so far all I've been able to find are "higher power without the increased sound" exhaust upgrades. Anyone know where I could get a little more throaty exhaust?
dwak  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most cost effective throaty 924 exhaust is to gut the 'cat',replace the old muffler with a 'cherry bomb' and add a resonator tip.
The 951 is the 2.5L turbo'd by Porsche and Eric Lynch (of 924.org) had one for about $2500.
BUT, everything hinges on doing most of the work yourself or you're into MEGA-bucks.
dwak
Shaitin  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm perfectly willing to do all the work myself, only thing is I have never done an engine swap before. I'm not so worried about the mechanical stuff, but how easy a switch would it be to do the electrical stuff? Also, as far as HP goes, how much does the 951 have? And the exhaust setup you talked about, about how much gain could I expect? Finally, I recently read a post that said go with the 931 engine and put a massive intercooler in the extra space so you can tune out the turbos. What do you think of this option?
Thanks for your help.
Shaitin  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also what kind of mileage are we talking about for $2500? Cause a new Porsche engine runs around at least 7-8k right? How much do I have to worry about burned out turbos, etc.?
dwak  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably one of the least technically gifted on this site, being a poor but honest log home hewer(!)and you'd best start combing through the Engine Swap and Performance sections. The engine mounts on the 924S are set up for the 2.5L engine which is why that conversion makes more sense.
My interests lie more in the 931 direction and probably because all the hard work is already done. Maybe you should keep the S as a daily driver and pick up a 931.
dwak
P924S  

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want more hp on your 924S or any 944 models, go to http://www.autothority.com
numbers  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: