Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

rare interior???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrod-13  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone else has the black and white checkerd seats in their 924?? I have looked at many 924's on the net, and never seen another car with this seat combo.. could it be a rare interior package?? the rest of the interior is all black, with a metalic silver/gray exterior. the only options are power mirriors and the removeable roof. Any help on this would be greatly apprecciated.
thanks in advance,
Jared
AznDrgn  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my '78 has what looks like green and white checkers on the seat patterns. The car is a dark grey and the rest of the interior is black.
Zuffen  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black and white Pyschedelic checker is not rare but more uncommon.

i have an 80 931 with it.

3 924 77,77,80 all for parts
4 944 82,84,85,86 all for parts
1 sad 912 for parts

[ This Message was edited by: Zuffen on 2002-03-11 13:26 ]
Jrod-13  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, i thought maybe my mint 78' i bought for 2400$ might realy be worth 4200$!!

Jared
stang  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea mine has that interior but mine is far from mint. I would like to find some or a place where I could get the material and have a local shop redo it.
Jrod-13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I incorrectly stated that, the rest of my car was mint, the seats have the usual rips on the seams.
stang  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is supposed to be silver metallic but it is currantly red. I will be going back to silver when I get the thing running to suit me.
lovelyjubbly  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black and white cheque interior is called Pasha
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have in the past restitched three seats for my car. All had the tears at the seams. They now look great. Two were vinyl and one was leather.
Take the seats off the frame and run down to your nearest boat interior or car interior shop and have them stitch them for you. The seats will be a little snug but you will hardly notice. Cost about $20 a seat if you take the seat cover off the frame.
LEATHER SEATS..........I just repainted my black leather seats with a product called Surflex and it worked great. Two coats and you could not find any scrapes, scratches or discolor on the seat. I will try to use an old seat and send a photo to the list shortly. Now my seats look brand new.
stang  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is missing material its so worn, I think I'll need them redone with new material or I need to find some better seats.
Alex Roy  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made new covers for my stock seats by taking off the original covers, seam-ripping the stock covers, then using each piece to make a pattern, then I just started sewing (and sewing, and sewing).

Finally, I decided to just get aftermarket seats, and they REALLY punt posterior (pics on my website).
Cbass  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the homemade covers work, and do you still have them? Would you be willing to sell them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: