Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 N/A exhaust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrod-13  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever pondered the idea of putting true dual exhaust onto a 924? I was just attemping to redo the hack job exhaust done on mine by midas for the previous owner. I sut out the cat and primary muffler, and replaced it with a strait piece of pipe, but it didnt fit right and when trying to refit it, I relized the rst of the pipe isnt the best either. So i am planning on having the whole works redone. I noticed that it has dual exhaust off of the manifold, and back about 1 1/2' so i was thinking of cutting it off there and running true duals, with say 2" pipe and no mufflers. Has anyone tried this or anything simmiliar?? with no cat/primary muffler, and only a big one ont he back the mammoth 4 popper has a nice growl to it, but not that loud. Im sure the true duals would be louder, but how much? and what would it sound like, my only expirance w/ 4cyl's are the few "hot rod hondas" with pee shooter exhaust, and a 5" tip. I dont like their sound. what does everyone else have on their 924 N/A's?? and how does it sound?? thanks in advance!!
jamez  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got a bursch (sp?) header with 2"(something like that I think) pipe with some cheap generic muffler on the back.. sounds pretty good, fairly loud but a burly loud, not wimpy loud.. try the dual exhaust and tell us how it works, I think it should sound pretty good..
Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be doing exactly that in about a week. Cut the down pipe at the flange weld in two pipes to two mufflers and I will have only two cylinders in each exhaust. I have had headers on for at least 20 years and this time I resorted to having duals. I will use this system on the 77.5 track car and want the exhaust as free as possible. I will let you all know the results when finished. Motor goes in this weekend.
Jrod-13  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the help so far guys, I wont be able to get my car to the shop for a few more weeks though to have it installed, as we just got more snow. but when i do ill keep you posted.
924 turbo  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 924 turbo catback on my '80 924, and frankly, it's a little loud for me. I love the way it fits though, since it's a factory piece. Just my opinion, but I don't think a 115hp street car should be loud. Track cars, go for it.
Jrod-13  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wince when you get your exhaust done,please tell me how it sounds, so i can know if i should put it on my street car. Also has anyone ever tried a monza exhaust, there is a new colmplete system for sale on ebay for 9.99
thanks,
Jared
numbers  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run a 2.5 inch Borla on my '80 931. It sounds good, looks good, and is warranted for a million miles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: